215 Belvedere Avenue
Stinson Beach, California
CENTERED AROUND GREAT DESIGN AND A WARM HEARTH
3 BEDROOM • 2.5 BATH
- Ocean views
- Clean architectural elements
- Roughhewn granite kitchen island counter
- GE Monogram refrigerator
- Viking cooktop
- Miele dishwasher and stove
- Plenty of functional kitchen storage and workspace
- Pullout kitchen cabinetry
- Custom built stainless steel counter and sink
- KWC kitchen fixtures
- Low voltage lights
- 90% of lights on dimmers
- Appliance garage in kitchen (tambour)
- Minimally-detailed custom cabinetry
- Custom cabinetry-grade plywood core with oak veneer (cabinets)
- Three heating systems
- Munchkin heater in closet drives two zones
- Runtal radiators on thermostat
- Radiant heat coils in concrete slab below oak flooring (south wing)
- Built-in draftsperson desk with large drawers in master bedrood
- Built-in lounge spaces in master bedroom and kitchen
- Fireorb floating fireplace in master bedroom
- Eucalyptus cabinetry in master bathroom
- Dornbracht fixtures in master bathroom and powder room
- Japanese tonsu wood cabinetry in powder room
- Cherry wood cabinetry in south wing bathroom
- Axiom fixtures in south wing bathroom
- Recessed lighting throughout
- Built-in surround sound
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom
- Vaulted ceilings in bedrooms
- Stained oak hardwood floors
- Built-in shelving
- Elegant hand-crafted staircase
- Custom-built home
- Hand-crafted redwood deck
- Outdoor shower
- Outdoor bathtub
- Storage shed
- Succulent garden
- Flower garden
- Drought tolerant Ecolawn grass grown from seed
- Cedar-paneled detached studio space
- Private backyard
- West side of the house gutted to the studs and rebuilt in 2004
- South wing of the house was added in 2007
IMPECCABLE MODERN-CRAFTSMAN RETREAT IN THE HEART OF STINSON
Come home to an exquisitely designed coastal retreat less than a one-hour drive from downtown San Francisco. The Dragonfly House – perched on the sun-soaked hill just above Stinson Beach – is a unique sanctuary to unwind, discover your inspiration, connect with loved ones and return to yourself.
Meticulously crafted as a work of art and a family hearth, the Dragonfly House was designed by artists and local artisans. An inspired renovation of its original 1930’s construction, it is an elegant combination of craftsman and modern design. Cleans lines and inviting geometry evoking Scandinavian sensibility pair seamlessly with a warm, people inspired layout and natural materials. Luxurious and built with care, the house features high-quality woods, durable, long lasting materials and the finest fixtures.
The vast south facing windows flood the house with light, enhancing the open, bright and spacious interior. As the sun moves across the sky, the shadows shift, revealing secret nooks to rest, read, create, and play. Every detail considers form, function and family life.
The backyard is a secret garden, lush with drought-resistant grasses, native poppies, and a distinguished Japanese maple. Meyer lemon trees, full of fruit, offer an ideal garnish to a cool cocktail or fresh local fish. A large redwood deck becomes a second living room, protected from the ocean breeze and completely private. The garden invites indoor-outdoor living in the truest sense – a perfect haven to escape the outside world.
A writer’s cabin tucked away under the trees offers an additional hideaway– a home office, art studio or just quiet retreat. An outdoor shower and romantic garden bathtub complete the backyard sanctuary. Each thoughtful detail nods to the bohemian spirit that has captivated the hearts of countless Stinson Beach visitors over the years.
The Dragonfly House is a true turnkey property – it is ready for move in with zero repairs or upgrades necessary. This home offers a rare opportunity in this price range to step into an immaculately finished family home in the heart of Stinson Beach.
PERCHED PERFECTLY ABOVE THE SEA
There’s a crescent on the hill just above Stinson Beach, termed The Banana Belt by locals. Its a sweet spot between the sea and the mountains, protected from the wind and reliably warmer than the shoreline below. Situated above the tsunami evacuation zone and the rising ocean, yet mere minutes by foot from the soft white sands of Stinson’s beach and the legendary hiking trails of Mt. Tamalpais.
This hillside – the original village of Stinson Beach – is more than ever demonstrating its timeless charm. Whereas many of the homes in the Stinson Beach Calles and Seadrift Community have transitioned to primarily vacation rentals, the village has retained a sense of community and authenticity. This is where full-time residents live, where the local kids grow up and become life-long friends, attending the local Bolinas-Stinson School together. This is where you don’t have to fight for a parking spot and neighborliness is still a way of life.
ASSURED FINANCIAL VALUE
Development throughout West Marin is extremely limited. Stinson Beach is surrounded by 182,000 acres of federal and state parkland that is protected to remain wild eternally.
Property values generally go only one direction—up. This is possibly the best bet a family can make. It is an investment in a California legacy.
WORLD-CLASS NATURE TO EXPLORE
Grab your surfboards and boogie boards. Within minutes you’ll be in the cool, blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Learn to paddle board, kite surf, windsurf or kayak. Spot a shiny brown seal as it pops its head up from the kelp bed; witness a pod of dolphins playing in the outer break – this is life at the beach.
If it’s the mountains that call you, pick up the Matt Davis Trail just 1,000 yards from the front door. With access to the endless trails crisscrossing Mount Tamalpais and beyond, the possibilities for outdoor adventure are infinite. Wander by foot or mountain bike through old-growth redwood rainforest, discover hidden waterfalls, and stumble upon sweeping vistas of the coast. People come from all over the world to experience this – you will call it your ‘backyard’.